1. What are egg laying animals known as?
2. In which country of the world, the largest Buddhist Temple is located?
3. Which company is owned by Bill Gates?
4. Who is the author of the book, titled 'The Life Divine'?
Ans: Aurobindo Ghosh
5. What is MBT Arjun?
6. Which is the highest peace time gallantry award?
Ans: Ashok Chakra
7. Which country has the highest amount of coal in the world?
8. In which country are Kangaroos found?
9. In which country has Burqa Ban come into Effect recently?
10. Which two countries are going to hold 14th Summit Talks in New Delhi?
Ans: India and EU
1. Who is called 'Iron man of India' and is also the first Home Minister of free India?
Ans: Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
2. What does a banana mainly contain?
3. What is the study of bones known as?
4. Which is the purest form of carbon?
5. Who is the first woman President of UN General Assembly?
Ans: Vijay Lakshmi Pandit
6. Who is the God with three heads and horns surrounded by animals, represented on a seal from Mohenjodaro?
7. Which planet is located between the planets Venus and Mars?
8. Which is the capital of Zimbabwe?
9. Which country has recently issued a decree allowing women to drive for the first time?
Ans: Saudi Arabia
10. Which company has recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Chinese gear maker ZTE?
Ans: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
1. Who did form the Swaraj Party?
Ans: CR Das and Motilal Nehru
2. Which British Governor General did shift India's capital from Calcutta to Delhi in 1911?
Ans: Lord Hardinge
3. In which Indian state is "the Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary" located?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
4. Which is the youngest mountain of India?
5. Which Indian actor has acted in Mission Impossible-4 alongside Tom Cruise?
Ans: Anil Kapoor
6. To which sports is Jeev Milkha Singh related?
7. What is a baby rabbit called?
8. Which acid is used in car batteries?
Ans: Lead Acid
9. What is the name of the first-ever astronaut-tended space station around the Moon?
Ans: Deep space gateway
10. Which Public Sector Bank has cut Savings Account Interest Rate by 0.5%?
Ans: Syndicate Bank
1. Which scientist did invent lightening rod?
Ans: Benjamin Franklin
2. Which instrument is used for measuring altitude in aeroplanes?
3. Which Indian woman is also famous as a Right to Information activist?
Ans: Ms Kiran Bedi
4. Which spiritual Guru does propagate 'Art of Living'?
Ans: Shri Shri Ravishankar
5. Which fiction book is written by Salman Rusdie?
Ans: Midnight's Children
6. Which country's national flag is neither a circular and nor a square in shape?
7. What are the vertebrates that live both under water and on land called?
8. Which country's official currency is Yen?
9. What is the name of the campaign launched by India to woo Egyptian travellers and make them aware of magnificent holiday options in the country?
Ans: Incredible India
10. Which is the world's third-biggest energy company behind Russian gas firm Gazprom and German utility E.ON, according to Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings?
Ans: Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)
1. Who is a famous Yoga Guru in India?
Ans. Baba Ramdev
2. Which continent has the highest number of countries?
3. Which is the longest river in the world?
4. Which is the longest highway in the world?
5. Which country is also known as the Country of Copper?
6. Which line separates Pakistan and Afghanistan?
Ans. Durand Line
7. Which is the largest flower of the world?
8. Who was the first Woman Chief Minister of India?
Ans. Sucheta Kriplani
9. Which bank has recently lowered the Minimum Average Monthly Balance (MAB) requirement in a savings account to Rs 3,000 from Rs 5,000 and also revised downwards penalties for not maintaining such a balance?
Ans. State Bank of India
10. Which state Government has recently launched 'Sampurna (Sishu Abond Matru Mrityuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhijan) Yojna' scheme for pregnant women?
Ans. Odisha Government
1. In which game is the term ‘tee’ used?
2. Where is the headquarters of SAARC located?
3. On which river’s bank is Goa located?
4. Who was the first Internal Affairs (Home) Minister of India?
Ans. Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
5. Which state did impose a blanket ban on plastic bags?
6. Who is called India’s youngest grand Master (Chess)?
Ans. Parimarjan Negi
7. Who is the founder of popular social networking site ‘facebook’?
Ans. Mark Zukarberg
8. Which is the tallest building of the world?
Ans. Burj Khalifa, Dubai
9. What is the position of India in nuclear power installation?
10. Which country does hold the first position in the World in ODI and tests cricket matches in 2017?
1. How much revolutions has sun completed around the galactic centre?
2. How many constellations were listed by Ptolemy in his works?
3. What is the distance between 90° E longitudinal and 91° E at the poles?
Ans: Zero Km
4. World's largest roller coaster named 'Ferrari World' located in which city?
Ans: Abu Dhabi
5 How much percent of Buddhists and Taoists are living in Taiwan?
6. Which chemical symbol was an important symbol in struggle for freedom?
Ans: Sodium Chloride (NaCl)
7. Which chemical is most commonly used for cloud seeding or for artificial rain?
8. What is the survival rate of Kidney transplantation?
Ans: 90 %
9. Which two countries signed a framework for military cooperation in September 2017?
Ans: Saudi Arabia and Britain
10. One quarter of blood from cardiac output reaches to which vessel?
Ans: Renal vessel
1. Which mobile application was launched by Indian Railway Minister for paperless unreserved ticket? Ans: Utison Mobile
2. Which hormone is responsible for the emotional state such as fear, anger, tension and the rise in blood pressure and heart beat? Ans: Adernal
3. In which country 'Ebola' virus is named after a river? Ans: Democratic Republic of the Congo
4. What is the chemical name of washing soda?
Ans: Sodium Carbonate (Na 2 CO 3 )
5. Name the Indian born American scientist, after whom the United States named a mountain in Antarctica?
Ans: Akhouri Sinha
6. During whose tenure as the viceroy of India, were Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru hanged? Ans: Lord Irvin
7. Which wavelength of light absorbed by Chlorophyll?
Ans: Red and Blue
8. What is the ratio of width and length of National flag?
9. Which branch of biology deals with the study of extinct organisms?
10. Which was added to the list of the World Heritage Sites in 2012 of UNESCO?
Ans: Western Ghats
1. Which part of the human brain is the centre of memory, learning, thinking and reasoning?
2. Which synthetic fiber is also known as artificial silk?
3. In which city The Desert Festival, an annual event in Rajasthan, displays local folk arts and culture, aerobatics and camel races is celebrated?
4. Which atomic gas filter out most of the ultraviolent radiations of the Sun?
5. In India, how many states share the coastline?
6. In which ore the heavier silicates named Sima, Silica and Magnesium are most abundant?
7. Which country has developed an anti-ballistic missile system called as "David's Sling"?
8. Which technique is used to estimate the age fossil?
Ans: Radiocarbon Dating technique
9. Who was the author of "The last Mughal-The fall of a Dynasty, Delhi 1857"?
Ans: William Dalrymple
10. Which festival is celebrated on Prophet Mohammad's Birthday?
Ans: Id-Ul- Fitr
1. Where is the headquarters of the Border Roads Organization (BRO)?
Ans. New Delhi
2. Who will lead Indian delegation at the BRICS Summit 2017?
Ans. Narendra Modi
3. Which city did host the Defence Accounts Department (DAD)'s first synergy conference on Defence Pensions?
Ans. New Delhi
4. With which country has India signed pact to improve grid integration of renewable energy?
5. What does "ICEX" stands for that has launched the world's first diamond future exchange?
Ans. Indian Commodity Exchange
6. Which village in North-East of India has become first 100% computer literacy village?
Ans. Nungthang Tampak, Manipur
7. Who is the newly appointed chief of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
Ans. Ashish Chauhan
8. Which country has launched the world's first climate-smart snow-leopard plan?
9. Who is the president of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) at present?
Ans. Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasani
10. Which Island of Lakshadweep has vanished due to coastal erosion?
Ans. Parali I island
1. After which leader's name has the scheme for rural employment NREGA been named?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
2. In 2014, which athlete got upgraded to gold after Russia's Tatyana Kotova was disqualified for doping at the 2005 World Athletics Final?
Ans. Anju Bobby George
3. Which personality has often been referred to as the 'poorest chief minister in India' by most newspapers?
Ans. Manik Sarkar
4. Which ancient king got the title of "Ashwamedha-Parakramah" after performing the 'Ashwamedha Yajna'?
5. For which offence was footballer Luis Suarez banned for 9 international matches in 2014?
6. Which of MPs did become the first BJP leader to present the rail budget in the Parliament?
Ans. Sadanand Gowda
7. Which sport will be played in the proposed Indian Super League?
8. From where did the Supreme Court of India originally function for 8 years before to its present building?
Ans. Parliament House
9. What is the escape velocity required for a rocket to leave earth?
10. What do the five rings of the Olympics represent?
Ans. Five continents
1. Which state government has launched "Namo Yuva Rojgar Kendra" for unemployed youth?
2. Which union minister has launched the live twitter wall for promoting Bharat Ke Veer portal? Ans. Rajnath Singh
3. In which city is India's first-ever railways disaster management centre expected to come up? Ans. Bengaluru
4. In which city is India's first-ever Aviation University expected to come up?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
5. Which country will chair the IONS maiden International Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (IMMSAREX)-2017?
6. Who has been appointed as the new CMD of Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)?
Ans. Santosh Sharma
7. Who is the newly appointed CEO of Rajya Sabha TV (RSTV)?
Ans. Shashi Shekhar Vempati
8. Who has been appointed as the new MD & CEO of India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL)?
Ans. Sankara Rao
9. Who has won the 2017 Kalpana Chawla Award for courage and daring enterprise?
Ans. Preethi Srinivasan
10. Which country has been declared the world's most liveable city by The Economist's Global Liveability Report-2017?
1. Who did win the 2017 Kenya Presidential election?
Ans. Uhuru Kenyatta
2. Which Indian sportsperson has been appointed as the WHO Goodwill Ambassador for physical activity in the South-East Asia Region (SEAR)?
Ans. Milkha Singh
3. Who was referred to as Pakistan's Mother Teresa?
Ans. Ruth Pfau
4. Which country did Ruth Pfau hail from?
5. Which state the Grizzled Squirrel Wildlife Sanctuary (GSWS) is located in?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
6. What does "AGEY" stands for?
Ans. Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana
7. With which field is the renowned personality Vijay Nambisan associated?
8. Which state government has launched Facebook's 'She Means Business' programme to train women entrepreneurs?
9. Which Indian pair has won gold in the skeet mixed team event at the 7th Asian Championship Shotgun?
Ans. Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Rashmmi Rathore
10. On which day is the 2017 World Elephant Day (WED) observed?
Ans. August 12
1. Which institute's researchers have developed a low-cost method for treating Osteoarthritis (OA)?
Ans: IIT Roorkee
2. Who is the president of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB)?
Ans. Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasani
3. Who has won the 2017 Men's singles US Open Tennis tournament?
Ans. Rafael Nadal
4. Who has won the prestigious Prof. N R Madhava Menon Best Law Teacher Award?
Ans. Tahir Mahmood
5. Which state has topped in manufacturing excellence according to recent study by ASSOCHAM?
6. Who has been appointed as the new President of All India Mahila Congress?
Ans. Sushmita Dev
7. What does the term WSPD stand for?
Ans. World Suicide Prevention Day
8. What is the theme of the 2017 World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD)?
Ans. "Take a minute, change a life"
9. Which country's team has won the 2017 U-16 South Asian Basketball (SABA) Championship?
10. Which union minister has launched online registration portal for 2017 BSF Half Marathon in New Delhi?
Ans. Kiren Rijiju
1. Where is the headquarters of the World Bank?
2. Which stories do the paintings of Ajanta depict?
3. Which two places are connected by Zojila Pass?
Ans. Leh and Srinagar
4. How much percentage of lead is present in lead pencil?
5. Which Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle did put Chandrayaan-1 into orbit?
Ans. PSLV-C 11
6. Who was the first emperor to make use of artillery in warfare during the medieval period in India?
7. Which area of India receives the least rainfall annually?
8. Who was the first Chief election commissioner of India?
Ans. Mr Sukumar sen
9. Who has been India's first foreign coach for women's boxing?
Ans. Stephane Cottalorda
10. Which bank has recently entered into an agreement with microfinance industry association Sa-Dhan?
Ans. Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC)
1. On which day is World 'Red Cross Day' celebrated?
Ans. 08 May
2. Who was the first Indian Chief of the Army Staff?
Ans. Gen Maharaja Rajendrasinhji Jadeja
3. To which game is the Ryder Cup related?
4. Where is the Garampani wild life sanctuary located?
Ans. Karbi Anglong, Assam
5. What does the Ozone layer restrict?
Ans. U V rays
6. Who was the first President of the United States?
Ans. George Washington
7. Who was the longest serving Arab leader?
Ans. Muammar Gaddaf
8. Who was the father of 'OPERATION FLOOD'?
Ans. Dr Verghese Kurien
9. What is the cost of India's First Bullet Train Project?
Ans. Rs 1,10,000 crore.
10. On which day is 'Hindi diwas' observed?
Ans. September 14
Q1. Which country's coast does appear El Nino current?
Q2. In which Indian state did the game of Polo originate?
Q3. How much is one barrel of oil in petroleum production terms internationally approximately equal to?
Ans. 59 Liters
Q4. Who was responsible for the introduction of English as the official language in India?
Ans. Lord William Bentinck
Q5. How many kilometers are represented by 1 0 of Latitude?
Ans. 111 Km
Q6. How many Indian states do share their borders with Madhya Pradesh?
Q7. Which continent does have the highest mean elevation in the world?
Q8. Where is the volcanic mountain 'Mount St Helens' located?
Q9. Which PM of Japan visited India for two days to attend the India-Japan annual summit meeting?
Ans. Shinzo Abe
Q10. Which bank has become the second Most Valuable Company on BSE?
Ans. HDFC Bank
Q1.Which physical property does enable us to write on the black board with chalk? Ans. Adhesive Force
Q2.Which scientific phenomenon is responsible for the light emitted by fireflies?
Q3.Which is the most abundant metal in the Earth's crust?
Q4.Which organization did develop the super computer PARAM?
Q5.What does the acronym HTML stands for?
Ans. Hyper Text Markup Language
Q6.Which element is a bio-indicator of air pollution?
Q7.By which name is India also known in China?
Q8.Which great poet did grace the court of Alauddin Khillji?
Ans. Amir Khusro
Q9.Who has been elected as the new president of the automobile industry body SIAM?
Ans. Abhay Firodia, Chairmen, Force motors
Q10.Who has won the ITF Futures Tournament recently?
Ans. Sumit Nagal
1. Which bank has tied up with BSNL to roll out open mobile wallet speed pay?
Ans. Punjab National Bank (PNB)
2. Who has won 'Men's Single's' title in the 2017 US open?
Ans. Rafael Nadal
3. The Mohiniattam dance from was originally developed in which state?
4. The ratio of width of our National flag to its length is?
5. Which is the capital of Belgium?
6. Name the fourth largest island in the world?
Ans. South America
7. Name the vitamin that is necessary for the clotting of blood?
Ans. Vitamin K
8. Name the scientist who is known as 'Father of Genetics'?
Ans. George Jam Mendal
9. Which disease affects the blood cells in the body?
10. Which scientific process is responsible for the energy released by stars?
Ans. Nuclear Fission
1. Who was the first Indian to win the World Amateur Billiards title?
Ans. Wilson Jones
2. Who elects the members of the Rajya Sabha?
Ans. Elected members of the state legislative assembly
3. Which disease is an acute infection of the small intestine caused by a bacterium?
4. Where is the DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostic Research Centre situated?
5. What acts as a channel of transmission of blood towards the heart in the human body? Ans. Veins
6. Which country has won second South Asian Basketball, SABA, Under-16 Championship?
7. Who has won the US Open Women's Singles Title?
Ans. Sloane Stephens
8. Name the Indian born American scientist, after whom the United States named a mountain in Antartica?
Ans. Akhouri Sinha
9. What is philology?
Ans. Study of languages in historical sources
10. Which branch of Biology deals with extinct organisms?
1. What is the theme of International literacy Day?
Ans: Literacy in Digital World
2.Which day is observed as international Literacy Day?
3.Where is Kalesar National Park located?
4.Which type of image cannot be taken on screen?
5.Which type of lens is used for correcting hypermetropia?
Ans:Convex or converging
6.Which liquid does fill the space behind the cornea?
7.Which is the largest part of our hydrosphere ?
8.Which is the least explosive type of volcano?
9.Which country is the largest producer of mica in Asia?
10.Which is the biggest fresh water lake of Africa?
1. Who was the first Scholar to use the term 'Indus Civilization'?
Ans. John Marshall
2. Where was the capital of Arya Mahajanapadas?
3. Who was the founder of Haryanka Dynasty?
4. Which is the latest known galaxy?
Ans. Dwarf galaxy
5. What is the Indian name of Ursa Major?
6. Which article does deal with the election of President?
Ans. Article 54
7. Who does appoint the governor?
8. Who is the head of the State Council of Minister?
9. What is the full form of SAIL?
Ans. Steel Authority of India Limited
10. Who did invent the vitamin C?
Ans. Albert Szent-Györgyi
1. Which sector has largest contribution in gross domestic saving in India?
2. Who did propose to preamble before the drafting committee of the constitution?
Ans. Jawahar Lal Nehru
3. Who was the ruler of kanchi during the period of Samudragupta?
4. Which era is identical with Gupta era?
Ans. Vallabhi era
5. Who did write the book 'Brihant Katha'?
6. Who was the chairman of third Tamil Sangam?
7. Which was the royal emblem of Chola Kingdom?
8. Where was the capital of Pandyas Kingdom?
9. Which mirror has wider field of view?
Ans. Convex mirror
10. What is the focal length of plane mirror?
1.Which country is hosting the 9 th edition of BRICS summit 2017?
2.Where is the world's highest Sandcastle recently built?
3.Where is the Pulie Badze wildlife sanctuary located?
4.Which constitutional amendment has been described as a 'Mini Revision of constitution' ?
5.Which is the most important ore of aluminium?
6.Which Indian Prime Minister did not face the parliament?
Ans:Chaudhary Charan Singh
7.Who was the first Indian President to die in office?
8.Who did propose the cell theory ?
Ans:Schleiden and Schwann
9.Which cell organelle is also known as 'protein factory'?
10.Who is known as father of Biology?
1.Who did introduce the Dahasala system in India?
2.When was Akbar started Budget system in India?
3.Who did introduce Mansabdari system in India?
4.Which country is the leading egg producer in the world?
5.Which is the deepest Gorge in the world?
Ans:Kali Gandaki (Nepal)
6.Which canal is located between the London and Baltic Ports?
7.Which is the world most active volcano?
8.Which stars are extremely rare in the universe?
9.When did Akbar abolished pilgrimage tax?
10.Who did proposed the mutation theory of evolution?
Ans:Hungo de Vries
1.Which vitamin is essential for poor bone and teeth formation?
2.What is the chemical name of "Epsom salt"?
3.Which substance is obtained by the hydrolysis of oil?
4.Who did write the book titled 'Great Tragedy'?
5.Which is the highest peak of South India?
6.Which type of forest does occupy the highest percentage of area in India?
Ans:Tropical Deciduous Forest
7.What is the other name of Tropical Deciduous forest?
8.Where is the coriolis force presented the maximum?
9.Who did give the theory of continental drift?
10.On which river is Hoover Dam located?
1. Whose achievements are described in the Allahabad Pillar Inscription?
2. What is the cause of water movement against gravity in plant stems?
3. Who was the first woman judge of the Supreme Court of India?
Ans. Fathima Beebi
4. Who is the author of the book titled 'Namesake'?
Ans. Jhumpa Lahiri
5. Which instrument is used in the study of the heart?
6. To which game is 'Leslie Claudius', an Indian Sporting Legend was associated?
7. Who was the author of 'The Last Mughal – The fall of a Dynasty, Delhi 1857'?
Ans. William Dalrymple
8. Who is the Minister of State for Commerce and Industries?
Ans. Nirmala Sitharaman
9. Who is the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas?
Ans. Dharmendra Pradhan
10. Where is the headquarters of Oil & Natural Gas Commission located in India?
1. Which is the most populous city of the world?
2. Which is the India's highest civilian award?
Ans: Bharat Ratan
3. Which planet has an atmosphere made up of hydrogen, helium and methane?
4. In which year was the first Indian Sensing Satellite launched?
5. Which blood group is called 'Universal Donor'?
6. Who was the first man to enter space in the world?
Ans: Major Yuri Gagarin
7. Which chemical is used to make rain coats?
Ans: Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC)
8. What is the full name of WEF?
Ans: World Economic Forum
9. What is the motto of ASEAN?
Ans: One Vision, One Identity, One Community
10. Which day is observed as ASEAN Day?
Ans: August 8
1. Who is the newly appointed President of Somalia?
Ans: Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed
2. Which state has hosted the 17th International Seminar on Counter Terrorism- 2017?
3. Who has become the Pakistan's first woman foreign secretary?
Ans: Tehmina Janjua
4. With which sports is Lakshya Sen associated?
5. Who has won the 2017 Women's singles Australian Open tennis tournament?
Ans: Serena Williams
6. Who has been appointed as the new chancellor of Nalanda University?
Ans: Vijay Bhatkar
7. Who is the author of book,titled "Between Two Worlds – The Assamese Sikhs"?
Ans: Bimal Phukan
8. Who is the newly appointed Director General of Border Roads Organisation (BRO)?
Ans: Sanjeev Kumar Shrivastava
9. Who has been chosen as the new chief minister of Nagaland?
Ans: Shurhozelie Liezietsu
10. What is the full name of NTCA?
Ans: National Tiger Conservation Authority