1. Who was the chairman of the Union Constitution Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
2. Who was the chairman of the Steering Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
Ans: Dr.Rajendra Prasad
3. Who does issue one rupee notes in India?
Ans:Ministry of Finance
4. How many public sector banks are working in India at present?
5. In which year was G20 established?
6. Which city did organise the recent G20 Summit in July 2017?
7. Which country is the world 3rd biggest beef exporter?
8. What is the main function of centriole in cell?
Ans: Formation of spindle fibre
9. Which membrane is present in plant cell but not in human cell?
Ans: Cell wall
10. Which is the genetic material present in the cell?
Ans: DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid)
Q1. Which country regulates the programme and time table of the house of Parliament?
Ans: Business Advisory Committee
Q2. Which committee enforces code of conduct of members of Parliament?
Ans: Ethics Committee
Q3. The salary and allowances of the ministers of the Government of India are determined by whom?
Q4. Who was elected un-opposed as the Vice President of India?
Ans: S. Radhakrishnan
Q5. On the bank of which river is Nasik located?
Q6. Indravati is a tributary of which river?
Q7. Which day is observed as World Hepatitis Day?
Ans: 28 July
Q8. What is the theme of the World Hepatitis Day 2017?
Ans: Eliminate Hepatitis
Q9. How many joules are there in one watt hour?
Ans: 3.6x103 Joules
Q10. Which instrument is used to measure the purity of milk?
Q1. What is the full form of BBNL?
Ans: Bharat Broad Band Network Limited
Q2. When did EVM start in India?
Q3. Who appoints the Chairman of UPSC?
Q4. Who appoints the Chairman of SPSC?
Q5.Who is called the father of local self government?
Ans: Lord Rippon
Q6.Which international organizations are called the Brettonwoods Twins?
Ans: IMF and IBRD
Q7. Which country is the latest member of IMF?
Q8.Which institution is associated to Dunkel Proposals?
Ans: World Trade Organisation
Q9. What is the name of the ore of lead?
Q10. Expand the term B.A.R.C?
Ans: Bhabha Atomic Research Center
Q 1.In which state is Hutti gold mine situated?
Q2.Which state is famous for the cultivation of coconut?
Q3.Where are the Todas found?
Q4.Which city has the headquarters of two railway zones in India?
Q5.Which country is world’s largest producer of coffee?
Q6.Which international tennis Tournaments is held on grass court?
Q7.Who got the ‘Purple Cap’ for taking maximum number of wickets in IPL-4 series?
Ans: Lasith Malinga
Q8.Who is the chairman of the 20th Law Commission?
Ans: Justice D.K. Jain
Q9.Who is the author of the book ‘Nineteen Eighty Four’?
Ans: George Orwell
Q10. Which bacteria causes food poisoning?
1.Which writs can be issued against administrative authorities?
Ans:Certiorari and Mandamus
2.Which case did determine that the Preamble is a part of the constitution?
Ans:Kesavananda Bharti Case
3. For how long can a President ordinance remain in force?
Ans: Six months
4.When was Indian Forest Service (IFS) set up in India?
Ans: July 01,1996
5.Which panels does examine and suggest “Tax reforms”?
6. What is the full name of CAG?
Ans:Controller and Auditor General of India
7. Who does appoint the CAG?
Ans: The President
8.How many National Parties are there in India?
9.Which are the main ingredient of gun metals?
Ans: Copper & Tin
10. Which metal does form an amalgam with other metals?
1.Who did invent the parachute?
Ans: A J Gamerin
2. What is the full name of FIR?
Ans:First Investigation Report
3. Who did wrote the book Das Kapital?
Ans: Karl Marx
4.Which is the highest peak of India?
5.What is the name of the parliament of Poland?
6. Where is the East Central Railway Zone located?
7. On which river is Leh located?
8. What is the chemical name of Vitamin A?
9. Who is the first female speaker of Lok Sabha?
Ans: Mrs. Meera Kumar
10. Which day is observed as Kargil Vijay Diwas?
Ans: 26 July
1. Who has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement (LTA) award for his contributions as a Lok Sabha member?
Ans: LK Advani
2. In which state is the Mouling National Park (MNP) located?
Ans: Arunachal Pradesh
3. Which state government has launched “Janahitha” to receive complaints from public?
4. Which date is observed as ‘The 2017 National Broadcasting Day (NBD)’ in India?
Ans: July 23
5. Which union ministry has launched “sexual harassment e-box” an online complaint system at workplace?
Ans: Ministry of Women and Child Development
6. Which country is hosting the 2017 Asian Youth & Junior Weightlifting Championships?
7. Who has been appointed as the first female President of the Supreme Court (SC) in United Kingdom (UK)?
Ans: Brenda Marjorie Hale
8. Which branch of medical science is concerned with the study of disease as it affects a community of people?
9. Who did give the Double Helical Structure of DNA?
Ans: Watson and Crick
10. What is the function of heavy water in a nuclear reactor?
Ans: Slow down the speed of neutrons
1. What is the full name of FFC?
Ans: Film Finance Corporation
2. To which country does golf player Vijay Singh belong?
3. Where is Film and TV institute of India located?
Ans: Pune (Maharashtra)
4. With which game is Durand Cup associated?
5. Who was the first Muslim President of India?
Ans: Dr. Zakir Hussain
6. Where is the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute located?
7. Who did invent the Logarithms?
Ans: Baron Napier
8. With which organ of human body is the disease "bronchitis " associated?
9. Which is the alkaloid that contains in cola drinks?
10. Who did write the book titled ‘Matters of Discretion: An Autobiography’?
Ans: I.K. Gujral
1. What is the national emblem of Sri Lanka?
Ans: Lion and Sword
2. Name the person who has recently become the youngest noble prize winner to address Canadian parliament.
Ans: Malala Yousafzai
3. Mukta Dutta Tomar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which country?
4. What is the name of the Parliament of Germany?
Ans: Bundestag and Bundesrat
5. Where is the headquarters of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation)?
6. Who did write the book ‘As you like it’?
Ans: William Shakespeare
7. Kwanza is the currency of which country?
8. What is the full form of CAD?
Ans: Computer Aided Design
9. What is photophobia?
Ans: Abnormal intolerance of light
10. What is latent heat of ice?
Ans: 80 cal/g
1. What is the full name of UIDAI?
Ans: Unique Identification Authority of India
2. Where was the first ICC Twenty-20(T-20) World Cup of Cricket held?
Ans: South Africa
3. Who was the first Indian woman participant in the Olympic games?
Ans: Marrie Lila Ro
4. What is the name of the Parliament of Bhutan?
5. Where is the headquarters of OECDC (Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development?
6. Who did write the book ‘A Time of Transition: Rajiv Gandhi to the 21st Century?
Ans: Mani Shankar Aiyer
7. Who was the first recipient of Dada Saheb Falke Award?
Ans:Devika Rani Roerich
8.What is the name of the highest Straight Dam of the world?
9.Who is known as the Father of Botany?
10.Where is Imperial Palace located?
Ans: Tokyo, Japan
1. What is the full name of NBFC?
Ans: Non-Banking Finance Company
2. What is the name of the cabinet in UK?
Ans: Kitchen Cabinet
3. How many members are there in Public Account Committee?
4. Who does appoint the chairperson of Public Account Committee?
5. Which tax is imposed by the central government but the state government collects it?
Ans: Stamp duty
6. From which country is the concept of Economic Planning derived in India?
7. In which year were iron and steel industry started in India?
8.Which drug can help foetus to shield from Zika virus?
9.Which is the most likely to cause a rise in the average temperature of the earth’s atmosphere in future?
Ans: CO2 from fossil fuels
10.What is the study of phenomena at very low temperature called?
1. What is the full name of AFSPA?
Ans: Armed Forces Special Power Act
2. In which state was AFSPA imposed the first time?
3. Who is known as the Iron lady of Manipur?
Ans: Iron Sharmila
4. Who is the Ex-office Chairman of Raj Sabha?
Ans: Vice President
5. Which is the National Emblem of Canada?
Ans: White lily
6. What is the name of the Cabinet in USA?
Ans: Shadow Cabinet
7. In which year did MRTP Act become effective?
8. Which State/UT/City has the highest per capita electricity consumption in the country?
Ans: Dadra and Nagar Haveli
9. Who is known as ‘Father of Taxonomy’?
Ans: Carl Linnaeus
10. Who has given Five Kingdom system classification of the living organism?
1. Which part of the Sun is easily visible during a total solar eclipse?
2. Which device is used to measure the magnetic field?
3. What is the full name of NIIF?
Ans: National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
4. What is the main objective of NIIF?
Ans:Investment in core infra
5. Which of the bill can President deliver an absolute veto to?
Ans:Private member bills
6. Who was the first vice president to die in office?
7. Which does article discuss about the State Emergency?
Ans: Article 356
8. How is inflation measured in India?
Ans: Wholesale price index number
9. Which bank has launched ‘iwatch’ banking project?
10. When was the paper currency started in India?
1.By which amendment of the Indian constitution did Sikkim become a state of India?
Ans:36th Amendment act 1975
2. Which court has maximum number of sanctioned judges in India?
Ans: Allahabad High Court
3. Which commission was appointed by the Central Government on union state relations in 1983?
Ans: Sarkariya Commission
4. How much of the total population is living below poverty line in India?
5. Which five year plan is known as ‘Gadgil Yojana’?
Ans: 4th Five year plan
6. In which year was Pradhan Mantari Gramodaya Yojana started?
7. What is the theme of ‘World Youth Skills Day’?
Ans:Skills for the future of work
8. With which sport is Sunder Singh associated?
Ans: Javelin Throw
9. Which colour does indicate the highest temperature?
10. How many galaxies are there in the universe?
Ans: 25 billion (approx.)
1. Which airline has been rated as the best airline in the world?
Ans: Singapore Airline
2. Who has been appointed as the next Attorney General of India?
Ans: K K Venugopal
3. Which is the National Emblem of India?
Ans: Bald Eagle
4. Where is the Western Railway zone located?
Ans: Mumbai Churchgate
5. Which city is known as the Garden City?
6. Which is the capital of Ghana? Ans: Accra
7. What is the full name of the CARE?
Ans: Credit Analysis and Research Limited
8. How many electrons will be in 1.6C (coulomb)?
9. What is the pH value of alkaline soil?
Ans: More than 7
10. Who wrote the book ‘Wake up India’?
Ans: Annie Besant
1. To which game is Sania Mirza associated?
Ans: Lawn Tennis
2. Which airport has been ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index Survey?
Ans: Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
3. Where is the Vivekanada Rock Memorial situated?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
4. What is the name of the first newspaper published in India?
Ans: The Bengal Gazette
5. Which city is the capital of Bahrain?
6. Where is the Meenakshi Temple located?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
7. What is the full name of ZSI?
Ans: Zoological Survey of India
8. What is the full name of STARS?
Ans: Satellite Tracking and Ranging System
9. What is the chemical name of Vitamin K?
10. How much is the escape velocity from the earth’s surface?
Ans: 11.2 km/s
1. To which game is Duleep Trophy related?
2. Who is the first woman cricketer who scored 600 runs in Women’s ODI Cricket?
Ans: Mithali Raj
3. Where is the National Gandhi Museum located?
Ans: New Delhi
4. Which mountain is called the Blue Mountain?
Ans: Nilgiri Hills
5. Which is the capital of Bostwana?
6. Where is the Dolam Plateau located?
7. What is the full name of IBRD?
Ans: International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
8. What is the full name of ADH?
Ans: Anti Diuretic Hormone
9. Which are the brighter areas on the Sun's surface called?
10. Which was the first Atomic plant established in India?
1. What is the name of the parliament of Germany?
Ans:Bundestag and Bundesrat
2. What is the full name of CCIT?
Ans: Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism
3. To which game is Ezra Cup related?
4.Which is the largest auditorium in India?
Ans:Sri Sanmukhanand Hall
5.On which river Tehri project is located?
6. Which is the capital of Netherlands?
Ans: The Hague
7. Which state is well known for Kuchipudi a famous dance form?
Ans: Andhra Pradesh
8. Who did discover the planet ‘Uranus’?
Ans: Hideki Yakawa
9. Which countries did develop the BrahMos Missile?
Ans: Developed with Joint venture of India and Russia.
10. Which instrument is used to measure the rate of growth of plant?
1. Which state in India is first state to launch free injectable contraceptive for women?
2. Which country is hosting the 22nd World Petroleum Congress (WPC) International Conference?
3. What is the theme of the 2016 Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM)?
Ans: Women Empowerment
4. Who is the newly elected President of Zambia?
Ans: Edgar Lungu
5. Who is the newly elected President of Mongolia?
Ans: Khaltmaagiin Battulga
6. Who has been appointed as the head of the Indian consulate in New York?
Ans: Sandeep Chakravorty
7. In which state is the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary located?
8. What is the chemical name of Urea?
9. What is the chemical formula of Plaster of Paris?
Ans: 2CaSO4, H2O
10. How can we remove permanent hardness of water?
Ans: By adding Washing Soda
1. Where was the Zika Virus isolated for the firsts time?
Ans: Uganda (1947)
2. What is the theme of 2017 World population day?
Ans: Family Planning Access
3. Which is the first state to fix minimum education qualification for cooperative body poll?
4. To which game is Champions Trophy related?
5. What is the name of the Egypt Parliament?
Ans: People’s Assembly
6. Where is the headquarters of the Western Air Command?
Ans: New Delhi
7. Which is the capital of Greece?
8. What is the name of the Eastern most point of India?
Ans: Kibithu (Arunachal Pradesh)
9. Which type of Laser is used in Laser Printers?
Ans: Semiconductor laser
10. Which is the radioactive element most commonly detected in humans?
1. To which game is Wimbledon Cup related?
Ans: Lawn Tennis
2. What is the name of the Parliament of Denmark?
3. Where is Southern –Western Air Command located?
Ans: Gandhi Nagar
4. What is the full name of ASEAN?
Ans: Association of South-East Asian Associations
5. Where is the headquarters of Northern Railway zones?
Ans: New Delhi
6. Where is the Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary located?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
7. Which is the biggest museum of the world?
Ans: British Museum, London
8. Which is the largest fresh water lake in India?
Ans: Wular Lake
9. Which is the capital of Croatia?
10. Who was the first chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission?
1. What is the full name of NAFTA?
Ans: North American Free Trade Agreement
2. To which game is US Open related?
Ans: Lawn Tennis
3. Where is the Opera house located?
Ans: Australia (Sydney)
4. What is the name of the Parliament of Cuba?
Ans: National Assembly of People’s Power
5. Where is the Southern Air Command located?
6. Who was the first person of the world to reach Sout Pole?
7. Which is the capital of Bulgaria?
8. What is the normal value of blood sugar in the body?
Ans: 80 to 120mg/100 ml of blood
9. Which metal does show maximum photoelectric effect?
Ans: Cesium (Cs)
10. Which chemical is used as preservative in tomato sauce?
Ans: Sodium benzoate
1. Where is the headquarters of IMF?
Ans: Washington DC
2. Which country is the largest IMF quota holder?
3. What is the full name of EFF?
Ans: Extended Fund Facility
4. How many states are there in USA?
5. What is the official name of China?
Ans: People Republic of China
6. Where is the Chumbi Valley located?
7. Which is the capital of Velarus?
8. What is the physical phase of life called?
9. Which vertebrate does have two chambered heart?
10. What is the full name of ADH?
Ans: Anti Diuretic Hormone
1. What is the theme of 2017 World Oceans Day (WOD)?
Ans: Our Oceans, Our Future
2. Who is the Solicitor General of India at present?
Ans: Ranjit Kumar
3. Which football club has won the 2017 UEFA Champions League trophy?
Ans: Real Madrid
4. Who has become the first Indian to be nominated as a member of the ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee (URC)?
Ans: Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer
5. Who leads the Indian delegation in the 5th edition of BRICS Education Ministers’ Meeting-2017?
Ans: Prakash Javadekar
6. What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI)?
7. Which part of a computer that does show visual information on a screen?
Ans: Visual Display Unit (VDU)
8. Which method is used for growing plants without soil?
9. When was the first Indian Remote Sensing Satellite launched?
10. Which is the device used for detecting even feeble current?
1. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Amritsar?
Ans: Sanjay Gupta
2. Which union minister has launched a month-long plantation drive to mark Van Mahotsav-2017?
Ans: Harsh Vardhan
3. Which city is hosting the 12th edition of G-20 Summit 2017?
4. Who is the newly appointed Chief Election Commissioner (CEC)?
Ans: Achal Kumar Jyoti
5. After which famous person was the teddy bear named?
Ans: Theodore Roosevelt
6. In which sport could you get into a headlock?
7. What is the full name of CECA?
Ans: Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement
8. Who did discover Natural radioactivity?
Ans: Henri Becquerel
9. Who did coin the term Radioactivity?
Ans: Marie Curie
10. What is the SI unit of radioactivity?
1. Where is the headquarters of BRICS Bank?
2. What is the other name of BRICS Bank?
Ans: New Development Bank
3. Who is the president of BRICS Bank?
4. What is the name of the Parliament of Bhutan?
5. Where is the Maintenance Command located?
6. Where is the headquarters of the Eastern railway zones
7. Which is the capital of United Arab Emirates?
Ans: Abu Dhabi
8. What is the unit for resistance in a electrical conductor?
9. To which theory of conservation is related the 'First law of thermodynamics’?
10. Which Uranium isotope is used in nuclear power plants to produce electricity?
1. What is the full name of UNCTAD?
Ans: United Nations Conference on Trade Development
2. Where is the headquarters of UNCTAD?
3. Which game is related to Thomas Cup?
Ans: World Badminton (Men)
4. Where is Southern Naval Command located?
5. What is the name of the first bank of India?
Ans: Bank of Hindustan
6. Where is the Central Railway Zones located? Ans: Mumbai VT
7. Which is the capital of Laos?
8. Which synthetic fibre is also known as artificial silk?
9. What is called an atom that has more protons than electrons?
10. Who is credited with the invention of the modern periodic table?
1. What is the main reason for red colour of the Red Soil?
Ans: Presence of ferric oxides
2. Where is the famous Virupaksha temple located?
3. When did Germany attack France, during World War II?
4. Where are the Heavy Water Project (Talcher) and Fertilizer plant (Paradeep) located?
5. Where is the village of Branston, after which the famous pickle is named?
6. What is the maximum number of Anglo Indians who can be nominated to the Lok Sabha?
7. Which country is hosting the 41st annual UNESCO World Heritage Committee conference?
8. On which date is the World Sports Journalist Day (WSJD) observed?
Ans: July 2
9. Which metal is used for galvanizing iron?
Ans: Zinc (Zn)
10. Which is the branch of medical science, concerned with the study of disease as it affects a community of people?
1. Who was the first person to get Param Vir Chakra?
Ans: Major Somnath Sharma
2. When was FMC merge in SEBI?
3. Who is the chairman of IRDA?
4. What is the full name of BCBS?
Ans: Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
5. Where is Western Naval Command located?
6. What is the name of the Parliament of Afghanistan?
7. To which game, is Ashes Cup related?
8. Which is the Eastern most point of India?
9. What is the name of study of insects?
10. When was the first human heart transplantation conducted?
1. By which force cream gets separated out of milk when it is churned?
Ans: Centrifugal force
2. Who was the first woman chief minister of a state of India?
Ans: Sucheta Kripalini(U.P)
3. Which is the longest river bridge?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi
4. Where is the Leaning Tower of Pisa located?
5. What is the national emblem of Bangladesh?
Ans: Water Lily
6. Name the international boundary of Germany and France?
Ans: Maginot Line
7. Which is the national animal of Canada?
8. Where is the headquarters of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
Ans: Manila (Philippines)
9. Which year is marked as International Space Year?
10. Where are Kanheri Caves located?
1. When were the first Commonwealth games held?
2. Who was the first Indian to win the World Champion title in Chess?
Ans: Viswanathan Anand
3. How many members participated in the first meeting of Indian National Congress?
4. Who said ‘Swaraj is my birth right and I must have it’?
Ans: Bal Gangadhar Tilak
5. Who was the first Indian to be-elected to the British Parliament?
Ans: Dadabhai Naoroji
6. Which country leads in the production of rubber?
7. Which is the most irrigated State in India?
8. What is the another name of Vitamin C?
Ans: Ascorbic Acid
9. Who introduced the ‘Civil Services’ in India?
Ans: Lord Cornwallis
10. Who discovered the magnetic field of electric current?