Himachal Civil Services Exam (HAS) is a combined competitive examination held by Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission for recruitment of different services and post.
- A Bachelor's degree from any recognised university or equivalent is the minimum educational qualification to apply for HAS.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 21 years but not older than 35 years of age for HAS.
- It is conducted in two phases; the Preliminary Examination consisting of two papers and Mains consisting of written test and Viva Voice test.
- Age relaxation is given in various categories; the number of attempts for general candidates is three, ex-service men category candidates are allowed for three more attempts.
- Candidates are eligible for interview only if they get 45% in aggregate of all subjects.
- The technique of interview is a conversation which intends to assess the mental qualities of the candidate.
For the HAS examination, there are basically three parts which are given below:
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
- Viva Voca
For the preliminary examination:
There are two test papers:
Test Paper I General Studies (100 questions)
Test Paper II Aptitude Test (100 questions)
Both examinations contains 200 marks each paper.
For Main Examination, Students who cleared preliminary examination can appear in the Mains examination. Viva Voce, On the Mains examination result performance, result of cleared written examination is uploaded on official website. Those who cleared Mains examination is appeared on the Viva Voce. It is of 150 marks. So that total marks of entire procedure is 1000 marks.
Syllabus For HAS Exam
For preliminary examination syllabus is given below:
Paper I: General Studies
- Current Affairs of National and International Importance;
- Socio-Economic Development of Himachal Pradesh;
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Art & Culture;
- Environmental Issues relating to Bio Diversity and Climate Change;
- General Science.
Paper II: Aptitude Test
- Decision Making and Problem Solving;
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Comprehension Based Questions;
- Data Interpretation of Class 10th level
- LR and Analytical Ability;
- General Mental Ability;
- Basic Numeracy;
- Data Sufficiency.