ORC Academy, is the Best CDS Coaching in Chandigarh. At ORC, you get the best of everything, be it expert teachers or quality study material. All the stuff here is combined to ensure the highest success rate of our students. The trainers cum teachers here act as your friends and help you learn with utmost ease and comfort. They guide you through every aspect of the Exam to make you confident for the later stages too.
Combined Defence Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service commission twice every year to recruit candidates for various posts in Army, Navy and Air force.
The aspiring candidates have to appear for a written exam and those who crack that exam gets to sit for an interview with the Service Selection Board. The candidates who get to pass through the Interview as well, are sent to one of the Five National Institutes for orientation training. The choice of Institute depends on the Candidate's merit list and choice as listed in the application form.
The Institutes for the orientation training are:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Indian Naval Acdemy, Ezhimala
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai 21st SSC women
Female Candidates are eligible for Officers Training Academy, Chennai only.
The candidates passing from the above three institutes get permanent services while those passing from the Officers Training Institutes get Short Service Commission only.
For IMA / officers training academy: A degree in any discipline from a recognized university/ institute. For Indian Naval Academy (INA): A bachelor's degree in Engineering from any recognized university.
For Air Force Academy (ACA): A degree in engineering from any recognized university/ institute with physics and math's at 10+2.
- For IMA: 19 years to 24 years.
- For Naval Academy: 19 years to 22 years.
- For Air Force Academy: 19 years to 23 years.
- For Officers Training Academy: 19 years to 25 years
CDS Exam Pattern: The exam is conducted at two levels- A written examination followed by a Personality assessment through Interview.
For Aspirants seeking admission in IMA, INA and AFA:
- Paper I: English is of 100 marks and the duration of exam is 120 Minutes.
- Paper II: General Knowledge is of 100 marks and the duration of exam is 120 Minutes.
- Paper III: Elementary Mathematics is of 100 marks and the duration of exam is 120 Minutes.
For Aspirants seeking admission in OTA:
- Paper I: General Knowledge is of 100 marks and the duration of exam is 120 Minutes.
- Paper II:English is of 100 marks and the duration of exam is 120 Minutes.
Service selection Board (SSB) Interview- SSB Interview assesses the overall personality of the candidate through a week long process. Candidate has to take physical and psychological tests to prove their fitness for positions in Defence services.
- For Indian Military, Naval and Air force Academy, Interview carries 300 marks.
- For Officer Training Academy, Interview carries 200 marks.
Further, the interview round is followed by a thorough Medical screening of the candidate.
The UPSC prescribed Syllabus of CDS Coaching in Chandigarh:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Jumbled Sentences
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks
General Knowledge– Current events of National as well as International importance. The syllabus also include static GK regarding to history, geography and culture of India.
Mathematics: Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration and Statistics.