1. What is the full name of BMR?
Ans: Basal Metabolic Rate
2. To which sports is Saketh Myneni related?
3. Which is the causative agent of disease Tuberculosis?
4. With which sport is the 'President Cup' associated?
5. In which state is the Grizzled Squirrel Wildlife Sanctuary (GSWS) located?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
6.Which state/UT police has launched a skill development programme YUVA?
Ans: Delhi Police
7. Who has been appointed as the new CMD of Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)?
Ans: Santosh Sharma
8. Who has won the 2017 Kenya Presidential election?
Ans: Uhuru Kenyatta
9. Which planet has the largest planetary magnetosphere in the solar system?
10. What is the speed of the earth in its orbit while revolving round the sun?
Ans: 29.72 km/s
1. Which is the longest day of the Southern Hemisphere?
Ans: December 22
2. Which is the shortest day of the Southern Hemisphere?
Ans: June 21
3. How many kilometers are represented by 1 0 of latitude?
Ans: 111 km
4. Which strait is connected to the Arabian Sea & Bay of Bengal?
5. Who has been appointed as the new non-executive Chairman of Infosys?
Ans: Nandan Nilekani
6. Which former RBI governor has authored the book "I Do What I Do"?
Ans: Rahguram Rajan
7. In which state is the Murlen National Park (MNP) located?
8. Which state government has launched a new 'E-Waste Disposal' scheme in state schools?
9. Who has won the Biju Patnaik Award for Scientific Excellence-2016?
Ans: Digambar Behera
10. In which city will the National Sports Museum be established?
Ans: New Delhi
1. Who is known as the 'Father of White Revolution'?
Ans: V Kurien
2. When was the Mumbai Stock Exchange set up?
3. What is also known as plastic money?
Ans: Credit Cards
4. What is the main purpose of currency?
Ans: Medium of exchange
5. Which organisation has sole right of issuing paper notes in India?
Ans: Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
6. Who did write the book, titled 'Raj Tarangini'?
7. Who was the ruler of India when Raj Tarangini was composed?
Ans: Jai Singh
8. Which dynasty is also known as Solanki Dynasty?
9. Who is honoured as 'Father of Modern Chemistry'?
Ans: Antoine Lavoisier
10. Which material is also known as White Poison?
1. Which river does originate near Mahabaleshwar?
2. Where is the Thattekad Bird Sanctuary located?
3. How many National waterways are there in India?
4. On which river is Prochampad Dam located?
5. Where is the Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Station located?
6. Which Indian island does lie between India and Sri Lanka?
7. Which river is the tributary of Indravati?
8. In which state of India is the maximum area irrigated by tube wells?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
9. What is the name of the process in which solid directly converts into liquid?
10. What is the name of the branch of medical science concerned with the study of disease as it affects a community of people?
1. Which non metal does remain liquid at room temperature?
2. Who was called the 'Father of Indian Renaissance'?
Ans: Raja Ram Mohan Roy
3. In which areas of India are major copper deposits found?
Ans: Hazaribagh and Singbhum of Bihar
4. Which river is also known as 'The Yarlung Zangbo River'?
5. Which is the predominant type of Indian Agriculture?
Ans: Subsistence Agriculture
6. Which atomic power station is built completely indigenously in India?
7. Who has won the bronze in the women's singles world Badminton Championships 2017?
Ans: Saina Nehwal
8. Which RBI committee has recently recommended that banks should links home loan rates to repo rate?
Ans: Tarun Ramadorai
9. In which state, will India's first Videsh Bhavan come up?
10. Where is the Murlen National Park located?
1.Which gulf is separate Finland and Sweden in Europe?
Ans:The Gulf of Bothnia
2.Which is the largest ship canal in the world?
Ans:St.Laurence Seaway(USA and Canada)
3.Which is the main vegetation of the Steppe type of the climatic region?
4.Which is the main dividing line between the geological regions of the Indo Gangetic plain and the Peninsula?
Ans:The Vindhya range
5.Which is the most salty sea in the world?
6.Which is the longest epoch of the tertiary period?
7.The plants of which crops are highly sensitive to frost?
8.Who was the founder of Deccan Education society?
Ans:Bal Gangadhar Tilak
9.Which day is the largest day of the southern hemisphere?
10.Who has called Tilak as 'father of Indian unrest'?
1.The annual yield from which Union government taxes is the highest?
2.Which region is the largest fish exporting region in the world?
Ans:The northeast Atlantic region
3.What is the name of the Western Ghat of Maharashtra?
4.Which Indian city is manufactured balls for the World Cup Football?
5.Where is the headquarters of Microsoft?
Ans:Santa Clara, California
6.In which country did Portuguese merchants first land in India?
7.Which state was formed as the 26 th state of India?
8.Which acid is a mineral acid ?
Ans: Hydrochloric acid
1. Which vitamin is synthesised in our body?
2. Who did write the book, titled 'A Brief History of Time'?
3. Who did discover the antibiotic producing fungus from Penicillium genus?
Ans:Sir Alexender Fleming
4. Which city was the best producer of silk cloth under Gupta Reign?
5.Which monuments was earlier known as "All India War Memorial" in India?
6. Where is the Aghil pass located?
7. Which is the most important source of catching fish in India?
Ans:Inland natural fisheries
8. In which year was the first Indian satellite Aryabhatta, launched?
9. Which sea route is the shortest from point to point?
Ans: Chennai to Port Blair
10. Which gas is found in the highest quantity in Exosphere?
1. From which country has India purchased the Pilatus PC-7 trainer aircraft?
2. Which organization has Sarvatra Sarvottam Surakhsha as its slogan?
Ans: National Security Guard
3. Which aircraft is the air to air refueller of the Indian Air Force?
4. Which enzyme is found in human Saliva?
5. Which food nutrient is digested by enzyme Ptyalin?
6. Which instrument was an exponent of Alla Rakha?
7. When was the first train steamed off in India?
8. Which is the largest Railway junction in India?
9. Which city is located on the bank of the river Saryu?
10. Which river was known as Vipasa in the ancient times?
Ans: Beas River
1.Which award is also known as Alternative Nobel Prize?
Ans:Right Livelihood Award
2.In which year was the first Bharat Ratna awarded?
3.Which public sector bank has the largest number of branches in foreign countries?
Ans:Bank of Baroda
4.Which two crops are responsible for almost 75% of pulse production in India?
Ans:Gram and pigeon pea
5.Which is the hormone present in a plant?
6.To which theory of conservation is related the "first law of thermodynamics"?
7.Which element has the lowest ionization potential?
8.Who is the author of the book, titled 'I am HIV positive, so what'?
9.Which football club has won the Spanish Super Cup 2017?
10.Who was the personal physician of Gautam Buddha?
1. Which chemical is added to LPG to give out a strong smell?
Ans: Ethyl Mercaptan
2. Which is the world largest rodent? 3. Which country has been selected for the venue of 2022 Commonwealth Games? 4. What is the full name of FSSAI? 5. Who is the chairman of FSSAI? 6. Where is the India's first International Financial Services Centre located? 7. What is the other name of NJAC act? 8. Which organization does give the Kalinga Prize for popularizing Science? 9. Which agency does formulate FDI policy in India? 10. Who has won the Kalpana Chawla award recently for Courage and Daring enterprise?
Ans:Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
Ans: Ghandhinagar (Gujarat)
Ans: 99 th Constitution Amendment Act/p>
Ans: Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion
3. Which country has been selected for the venue of 2022 Commonwealth Games?
4. What is the full name of FSSAI?
5. Who is the chairman of FSSAI?
6. Where is the India's first International Financial Services Centre located?
7. What is the other name of NJAC act? 8. Which organization does give the Kalinga Prize for popularizing Science? 9. Which agency does formulate FDI policy in India? 10. Who has won the Kalpana Chawla award recently for Courage and Daring enterprise?
8. Which organization does give the Kalinga Prize for popularizing Science?
9. Which agency does formulate FDI policy in India?
10. Who has won the Kalpana Chawla award recently for Courage and Daring enterprise?
1. Name the reaction which converts sugar solution into alcohol?
2. What will be the effect on weight of the body if the speed of rotation of Earth is increased?
Ans. Weight will decrease
3. During World War II, when did Germany attack France?
4. Which technique is used to estimate the age of fossils?
Ans. Radiocarbon dating technique
5. Which device is used to measure the depth of oceans?
6. Which phenomenon is responsible for the production of echoes?
Ans. Reflection of Sound
7. To which game is 'Leslie Claudius', an Indian Sporting Legend associated?
8. Who was the author of 'The Last Mughal-The fall of a Dynasty, Delhi 1857'?
Ans. William Dalrymple
9. What is the base colour of Rs 50 denomination banknotes to be issued shortly by The Reserve Bank of India?
Ans. Fluorescent blue
10. On which date is Sadbhavna Diwas observed?
Ans. August 20
1. Which gas is the responsible for discolouration of brass in air?
Ans: Hydrogen Sulphide
2. Which acid is present in the sting of bees and wasps? Ans: Formic acid
3. Which acid is used in car battery?
Ans: Sulphuric acid
4. In which river's delta is jute cultivation concentrated in India?
Ans: Ganga River
5. Which plant is also known as pseudocereal?
6. To which emperor is Hathigumpha inscription attributed?
7. Who is known as the Father of Indian Medicine?
8. Which book is based on a story appearing in the beginning of Mahabharata?
Ans: Abhigyan Shakuntalam
9. Which is National Aquatic animal of India?
10. Which is the State bird of three India States?
Ans: Blue Jay (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Odisha)
1. With which of the republic Buddha belong?
2. Who is the author of the book,titled 'Guide'?
Ans: RK Narayan
3. Which was the largest site of Indus civilization?
4. Which country in Africa has the longest coastline?
5. Which is the most populous country of Africa?Z
6. Which is the largest lake of Africa?
Ans: Lake Victoria
7. Which country is also known as the Rainbow Nation?
Ans: South Africa
8. Which metal is used for making boats that is not corroded by seawater?
9. Which metal/alloy is used in electric heating elements?
10. Which is the heaviest metal?
1. With which religion is the annual "Royal Kathima Ceremony" associated?
2. Which state / Union Territory has the highest ATM density in India?
3. Who is the author of book, titled "The Accidental Apprentice"?
Ans: Vikas Swarup
4. In which bank of India was the first ATM introduced?
Ans: HSBC Bank
5. In which sea has India built Tsunami warning device?
Ans: South China Sea
6. With which sport/game is Aditya Mehta associated?
7. In which state is "Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary" located?
8. Which state in India has the highest Child marriage rate?
9. Which planet has the highest escape velocity in solar system?
10. What is the chemical formula of Gypsum?
1. Which country has begun laboratory test of A(H1N1) flu Vaccine?
2. Which gas is released from Paddy fields?
3. Which Paramilitary Forces will take over the security of the Bhakra Nangal Dam?
Ans: CISF(Central Industrial Security Force)
4. Which day is observed as 'The World Elephant Day'?
Ans: August 12
5. Which country has the lowest ratio of external debt to Gross National Income?
6. Which country has dropped the World Communism from its constitution?
Ans: North Korea
7. Which is the latest Advanced Landing Ground (ALG) operationalised by IAF in Ladakh?
8. Which organisation has appointed a special envoy on Jammu & Kashmir?
Ans: Organisation of Islamic Countries
9. Which was the first Communication Satellite launched by India?
Ans: APPLE Satellite
10. When was APPLE launched by India?
Ans: 19 June, 1981
1. Which Indian city has been declared as a World Heritage City (WHC) by UNESCO?
2. Which city will host the 2017 World Food India (WFI)?
Ans: New Delhi
3. Who has become the first Indian to finish toughest cycle race Race Across America (RAAM) in solo category?
Ans: Srinivas Gokulnath
4. Who has been appointed as the head of the Indian consulate in New York?
Ans: Sandeep Chakravorty
5. Who is the newly elected President of Mongolia?
Ans: Khaltmaagiin Battulga
6. Who is the newly appointed director-general of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI)?
Ans: Debi Prasad Dash
7. Who is the author of the book,titled "What Lies Between Us"?
Ans: Nayomi Munaweera
8. Who is the first woman Director General of Police (DGP)?
Ans: Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya
9. Which day is observed as 'World Diabetes Day'?
Ans: June 27
10. Which hormone is responsible for maintaining sugar level of blood?
Ans: Insulin Hormone
1. Who is the current Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
Ans: Ranil Wickremesinghe
2. Which country is the world's biggest consumer of edible oils?
3. Who has been appointed as the Election Commissioner of India recently?
Ans: Om Prakash Rawat
4. Which state government of India has recently banned on the use of plastic in the state?
5. Who has become the India's first woman to play in English league football?
Ans: Aditi Chauhan
6. In which month, does generally the sowing of Kharif crops take place in India?
7. Which is the India's largest potato producing state?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
8. In which state of India is Chennakesava temple located?
9. In which state of India is Nuakhai festival celebrated?
10.Which bird is often regarded as the "Farmers of the Forest"?
1. Where is ‘Acropolis’ located?
2. Which part of the human brain is the centre of memory, learning, thinking and reasoning?
3. Who has recently launched a video of the Indian National Anthem in sign language?
Ans: Mahendra Nath Pandey, Union Minister for HRD
4. Who has been appointed as the Acting Chief Executive of NPCI recently?
Ans: Dilip Asbe
5. Why is a carrot red in color?
Ans: It contains carotene
6. When does a solar eclipse occur?
Ans: When moon comes between Earth and Sun
7. What is personification?
Ans: Applying human qualities to non-human things
8. Who did built the Ibadatkhana at Fatehpur Sikri?
9. Azad Hind was created with the assistance of which country?
10. Where is ‘The Himalayan’, a mountaineering institute located?
1. By which city was the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas (PBD), 2017 hosted?
2. With which game is the term Double Fault associated?
3. Where is the headquarters of the International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS)?
4. Who is the author of the book,titled “Dipa Karmakar: The Small Wonder”?
Ans: Bishweshwar Nandi
5. Who has been appointed as the new chief of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)?
Ans: Anil Dhasmana
6. Who did win the Miss World 2016 competition?
Ans: Stephanie Del Valle
7. On which date is The International Migrants Day (IMD) observed?
Ans: December 18
8. Who is the new Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) of the Indian Army?
Ans: Bipin Rawat
9. What is the chemical name of Urea?
10. Which instrument is used to measure the altitude?
1. Who has become Pakistan’s first woman foreign secretary?
Ans: Tehmina Janjua
2. In which country has the world’s longest elevated cycle path been opened?
3. Who has been selected for ‘The 2016 Vyas Sammaan’?
Ans: Surendra Verma
4. Who is the author of the book, titled “Jobless Clueless Reckless”?
Ans: Revathi Suresh
5. Which country is to host 2017 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup?
6. With which sport is Avani Lekhara associated?
7. On which date is The World Poetry Day (WPD) observed?
Ans: March 21
8. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court?
Ans: Navniti Prasad Singh
9. With which sport game is Irani trophy associated?
10.What is the full name of PSLV?
Ans:Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
1. In which city is National Centre for Radio Astrophysics located?
2. Who is the author of the book, titled “Kashmir: The Vajpayee Years”?
Ans: A S Dulat
3. Which country has been named as the most peaceful country in the world?
4. In which country is The UNESCO World Heritage Site Palmyra located?
5. Which Island is a cause of dispute between Spain and Britain?
Ans: Gibraltar Islands
6. On which date is ‘The International Day of the World’s Indigenous People” observed?
Ans: August 9
7. In which state is ‘The Keoladeo National Park (KNP)’ located?
8. Who has become the first Indian woman player to clinch an individual medal at the World Badminton Championship?
Ans: P V Sindhu
9. Where is “National Centre for Biological Sciences” located?
10. What is the least distinct vision of human eye?
Ans: 25 cm
1. Who has invented the vaccination for Small Pox?
Ans: Edward Jenner
2. Which international body does implement the Trade Finance Programme (TFP)?
Ans: Asian Development Bank
3. In which state of India is Shigmo festival celebrated?
4. How many sites have been recognised as World Heritage Sites in India by UNESCO?
5. Which country has started the import of power from India, in October 2013?
6. Which is the smallest country in Africa continent?
7. In which sea, India has built Tsunami warning device?
Ans: South China Sea
8. From where does Godavari river originate?
Ans: Nasik in Maharasthra
9. In which state is Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary located?
10. On which river is Moscow situated?
1. By whom was the Indian National Association formed in Calcutta?
Ans: Surendranath Banerjee
2. On which date was National Development Council set up?
Ans: 6 August, 1952
3. Who did launch the Home Rule Movement in 1916?
Ans: Annie Basant
4. On which date was the Gandhi- Irvin Pact signed?
Ans: 5 March, 1931
5. On which conservation law, does a rocket work?
Ans: Angular Momentum
6. What is the full name of CAZRI?
Ans: Central Arid Zone Research Institute
7. Where is CAZRI located?
8. With which component can DC current be controlled?
9. Where is the Pin Valley National Park located?
Ans: Himachal Pradesh
10. Which Indian state does celebrate ‘The Aadi Perukku Festival’?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
1. Who has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan?
Ans: Prabhat Kumar
2. In which state is the Chimmini Wildlife Sanctuary (CWS) located?
3. With which sport is Ankur Mittal associated?
4. Who is the newly elected Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea?
Ans: Peter O’Neill
5. Which is the main source of import of Liquefied Natural Gas for India?
6. Who is the only woman to win a Nobel Prize for Economics?
Ans: Elinor Ostrom
7. Which country is the largest source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India?
8. Where is the Pin Valley National Park (PVNP) located?
Ans: Himachal Pradesh
9. In which city is the tallest building of Europe “The Shard” located?
10. Which day is observed as ‘Human Rights Day’?
Ans: December 10
1. Who was the First temporary President of the Constituent Assembly?
Ans. Dr. Sachidanand Sinha
2. Who was the First American President to visit India?
Ans. Dwight David Eisenhower
3. Which hormone is responsible for the emotional state such as fear, anger, tension, the rise in blood pressure and heart rate?
4. In which article of the Indian Constitution is the definition of fundamental rights stated?
Ans. Article 12
5. Who is the Vice President of India at present?
Ans. Venkaiah Naidu
6. Under which act was the Reserve Bank of India established?
Ans. RBI Act, 1934
7. What is the full form of MIPS?
Ans. Millions of Instructions Per Second
8. Who headed the committee on Institutionalization of Arbitration Mechanism?
Ans. Justice (retired) B.N. Srikrishna
9. Who did write the book titled ‘Geet Govind’?
10. What are the constituents of brass?
Ans. Cu (70%) + Zn (30%)
1.Who did introduce the Subsidiary alliance system in India?
2.Who did sign the Treaty of Bassin in 1802 with British East India company?
Ans:Baji Rao II
3. When was the first municipal corporation set up in India?
4.In which year was first Census conducted in India?
5.Who is the Chairperson of the G20 at present?
6.How much does the primary sector contribute to India’s GDP?
7. What is the full name of RCEP?
Ans:Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
8. Where was the 19th RCEP Trade Negotiating Committee meeting held?
9.Which state of India has the highest per capita income recently?
10.Why is carrot orange in colour?
Ans:Due to carotene
1. What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Digital Evolution Index (DEI)?
2. Which IIT institute has invented a low-cost dirt detector that alerts authorities when a place needs cleaning?
Ans: IIT Kharagpur
3. Who is the newly elected Prime Minister of Pakistan?
Ans: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
4. Which union ministry has launched annual book ‘India-2017’ & ‘Bharat-2017?
Ans: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
5. Which state government has recently launched “Civil Service Awards” for excellence in public administration?
Ans: Arunachal Pradesh
6. Who is the author of the book, titled “Band, Bajaa, Boys!”?
Ans: Rachna Singh
7. With which sport is Mohit Ahlawat associated?
8. Who is the newly appointed President of Somalia?
Ans: Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed
9. In which state is Shiv Puri National Park located?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
10. What is the scientific name of ‘Touch Me Not’ plant?
Ans: Mimosa pudica
1.Who did introduce the Permanent Revenue Settlement of Bengal?
2.Who is reffered to as ‘Desert Fox’?
3.Who did control the maximum trade in theWestern coastal region during 17th century?
4.Which act did introduce the communal electorate in India?
Ans:Indian Council Act 1909
5.Where is Gangotri National Park located?
6. Which bank has launched its first digital banking branch ‘CANDI’?
7.Which country has successfully launched satellite carrying rocket ‘Simorgh’a small capacity orbital carrier rocket into space?
8.Who did discover the proton?
9.Which microorganism can be made into crystal?
10.Which organelle is considered as a Suicide bag?
1.Who did establish the French East India Company?
2. Who did write the book titled ‘Elements of Geometry’?
3. Which is the Southern Tip of Thailand?
4.Who was the founder of Jaipur?
Ans:Raja Swami Jai Singh
5.Who was the founder of Qing dynasty?
6.Which is the Southern Tip of Africa?
Ans: Good Cape of Hope
7.Which government agency has developed India’s first unmanned tank “Muntra”?
8. With which sport is Gaurav Bidhuri associated?
9.Which are the primary colours?
Ans: Red, blue, Yellow
10. Which phenomenon is responsible for twinkling of stars?
1. Which is the Southern Tip of Thailand?
2. To whom is the famous slogan ‘India for the Indians’ related?
Ans: Swami Dayanand Saraswati
3. Who was the founder of Ajmer?
Ans: Ajay Dev Chauhan
4. Who did discover the Solar System?
5. What was the old name of Vishakhapatnam?
6. Which is the capital city of Uganda?
7. Which is the Southernmost Point of India?
Ans: Indira Point
8. What is the full name of the NATO?
Ans: North Atlantic Treaty Organization
9. Where is the Headquarters of NATO?
10. Which is the first Lunar Mission of India?